Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(08-31-2020, 09:55 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I don’t see how Wright and a non-specific pick are worth Rose and Kennard. I think Rose and Kennard is worth Richardson and any number of picks Phi has this year. Not sure why the Mavs are included at all.

Basic logic:
Rose+Kennard = equal value to Richardson. Why would Philly need to add picks? Richardson is the best player in this trade
Wright+#18 = equal value to Richardson. Since Philly doesn't need Wright, Detroit picks a back up PG and a mid first round pick. I doubt Detroit can get more for the two players, without taking some worse salary back. This way they keep all their cap space to sell for additional assets

Perhaps #31 should be added, but I doubt any more.

(08-31-2020, 09:41 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: Don't be shocked if Mavs do a trade down or even give up a pick to trade Wright into cap space for some team that is under the cap.

Why would they do that? I see no point in that... His contract can be used in a trade and they have TDL or next summer to do it, even if they can't work something this FA.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & Free Agency (Oct 18?) + Salary Chart - by omahen - 08-31-2020, 10:20 AM