Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THJ is terrible and these MAVs will be swept by the Clippers
(08-11-2020, 06:46 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote:
(08-10-2020, 09:26 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote:  

Let’s get back to the origins of the conversation.  SBJ said our genius GM’s “Passed” on Warren.  That simply isn’t true.  Once we establish that, the question becomes whether Dallas should have been willing to do what Indy was willing to do...eat $10mm worth of cap room 10 days before free agency began.  That is really the argument anyone saying we should have gotten Warren is making.  I think you can make good point on both sides of that.  But, you have to do it using what you knew in real time (not with 20-20 hindsight).

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/8/11/21362544/tj-warren-indiana-pacers-victor-oladipo

Pretty good article on Warren and who he has become (how he has emerged...improved...gotten way better from what he was the year before)

I'm still seeing a lot of complaining about the overall results of the 2019 off-season...which is Warren-ted (see what I did there).  I'm seeing people say anything is better than what they did (probably true).  But, I've not seen a specific argument that says on June 20th Dallas should have abandoned the many possibilities they had (at that time...not knowing what we know now) and given up cap room for Warren.  I'm not defending any aspect of the results of the 2019 off-season.  I'm saying that would have been a tough call to make on June 20th.  

BTW, the article's discussion of Warren's emergence probably means many of us are romanticizing who Warren was a year ago.  So now, not only do you have to have known on June 20th that all your plans would fall apart, but you would have had to know, in advance, that Warren would make this kind of leap.

It is interesting that Indy might have interest in some guard help in exchange for a big.
I was and still am on the lookout for starting quality players. I was vocally disinterested in bringing Kemba Walker here. I didn’t know at all who Warren was at the time of the trade, but I would have preferred him and an asset along with whatever else we could have gotten as I wanted to go for at least 2 starters (If not 3) with the money we had last summer.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THJ is terrible and these MAVs will be swept by the Clippers - by ItsGoTime - 08-11-2020, 12:57 PM