Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.0 pt RAPTOR & 3.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
80.00%
4 80.00%
Spurs
20.00%
1 20.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 66: DAL (39-27) @ SAS (27-36) | 109-119 loss
(03-11-2020, 10:54 PM)Dahlsim Wrote:
(03-11-2020, 08:03 AM)mtrot Wrote:
(03-11-2020, 12:14 AM)Dahlsim Wrote: You're right, its not rocket science, so go back and do your basic math again.  Dodgy  

KP takes 17 shots. He makes 3.  8 of those shots are 3 pointers.  He makes 1 and many of those are well past the 3 point lines, even lower % 3 pointers. 
1 of 8 on 3 pointers.  That's your rocket science. 
They look spectacular when they go in but what does the math say your odds are? KP is shooting just under 35% on all 3's so the odds are even worse on the long 3's.  

Even if KP wasn't having a bad shooting night those chances aren't great to outscore the Spurs on 8 of those shots.  I'd rather dare the refs to ignore 5 or 6 more blatant hacks on Boban, or forget about Boban and just send the 7'3 Unicorn inside to get some high percentage shots up. 

How is it that Luka is the only player getting up consistent shots at the rim?
To me, that sort of giving up, backing down, "softness", or whatever you want to call it is what hurts the Mavs over the long term.  You cannot allow the opponent or the refs to dictate, or basically take away an important component of your game strategy. 

What I would do is double down on it by continuing to get the ball to Boban down low, and force the refs to make some correct calls.  Don't give up after two missed foul calls.  It's a mental toughness issue, IMO.

Evidently Carlisle and Boban read your post!  Coach didn't go away from Boban this time but stayed with it against a very good Denver team even though he started the game missing a few easy shots.  

He was rewarded with a big 'W' (unfortunately going into suspended season  Undecided ) and superstar numbers from Big Bobi.  Wink
Lol, then I want a small commission for getting us the win!  Big Grin
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 66: DAL (39-26) @ SAS (26-36) | Mar 10, 7 pm | Mavs 4.0 & 3.0 pt favs - by mtrot - 03-12-2020, 05:49 PM