Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 5.5 pt RAPTOR & 5.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
100.00%
4 100.00%
Pacers
0%
0 0%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 65: IND (39-25) @ DAL (39-26) | 109-112 loss
(03-09-2020, 05:32 AM)bartlettbear Wrote:
(03-08-2020, 09:32 PM)dmavs4life03 Wrote: Lee is a way better defender/rebounder than JJ. JJ can bring more to the game offensively when he's finally engaged and whatnot but he's terrible defensively and on the boards. Brokoff was a better team defender/rebounder than him. I love JJ just as much as the next guy but he is an offensive player only who lately has been struggling. 

What I dont get is why we didn't try more Boban or WCS when it became obvious KP was having a rough night as was Maxi. That said.... if we just make our 8FTs we missed, we win tonight. If we had more energy on the boards after forcing a miss and didn't shoot 40+ 3s we win. This team is unfortunately most likely going to be an easy out for whoever we play given that the refs don't seem to be able to recognize fouls against Luka/KP, we cant make FTs, dont create decent midrange shots and knock em down and fall in love with 3s and can't create/knock down consistent shots when the defense tightens up or refs are being blind. Hopefully Curry/KP/Brunson/Delon can fix that as can Boban/WCS/MKG with screening/post play but I'm not sure they'll get used properly.

There is not a single stat that backs up Lee is a better rebounder his best per 36 was 4.5  Jackson career per 36 is 4.8.
This year Jackson is avg a rebound more a game.

Lee is awful defense just watch he can't stay in front of anyone Jackson solid defender on wings but he as to guard  4 most of the time.
Lee is decent defensively... saying he got lit up by ingram shouldnt be a surprise also as he was tossed on him late and cold off the bench if I recall. Also getting scored on by someone you giveup size/weight on is also to me about the team rotation never helping and recovering. It happens sometimes to Maxi who's probably our best 1v1 defender.

Also Lee and delon are the only to players on our team that pick the passing lanes and force TOs. I agree Rick does JJ no favors playing him at 4 but even at the 3, Lee seems to have better instincts going for boards and is a threat to make quick smart decisions....( shoot the open 3, pass or drive and pass) where JJ sometimes is hesitant to shoot and passes just a second too late when he decides he cant get off a floater or whatever. Just my eye test opinion...I dont have stats. I do wish rick would not play our SGs like Delon/JJ/Curry at SF.... its bad both on offense and defense.... especially since we wont play a 5.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 65: IND (39-25) @ DAL (39-26) | 109-112 loss - by dmavs4life03 - 03-09-2020, 04:32 PM