Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Powell's injury unlock KP or is it something else?
During yesterday's game I believe I heard Doris Burke say something about KP said he was feeling more comfortable now that he can mix in more pick and rolls instead of just mainly pick and pops. KP has been playing more center since the Powell injury.

Let's take a dive into the game logs to dissect. https://www.basketball-reference.com/pla...melog/2020

The Powell injury happened on game 43 on 1/21. This was also the same game KP returned from his extended knee soreness. Looking at the games after that game I spot another potential explanation. Easily the worst game KP played in since then was the 1/28 game against Phoenix, that was the only time we played him on a back to back since his return. After that it seemed we finally got the message that playing him on back to backs is a bad idea

So what has led to KP's better play of late? No DP? No backs to backs? A combination of the two? Or something else? 

Thoughts
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Did Powell's injury unlock KP or is it something else? - by MrGoat - 03-05-2020, 06:57 PM