Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 107, Bulls 109
(03-03-2020, 09:12 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: The most obvious difference compared to their usual performance was Luka struggling to create of the dribble. Struggling to switch hands. Slower changes of direction. The injury really handicapped him.

I think it is not just injury. It is the fact that Chicago was able to clog the paint because non Luka and non THJ players were just not dangerous. Have a look at the second half. Everytime Luka tried to drive three defenders were on him. Chicago would be demolished if they dared to play this kind of defense against our whole team. With Seth and Curry out, Mavs were basically at the level of last season tanking squad.

While DFS and Maxi had solid offensive games, they are still rarely able to take opportunity that spacing gives to them. Speaking about opportunities not taken, not missed shots. All opportunities not taken returned ball back to Luka, who had to create again.

(03-03-2020, 09:42 AM)Reunion Mav Wrote: May our health and energy and confidence return. We are 4-3 post all star break which is pretty much how we have played since early in the year when Luka was energetic and magical and several guys were surprising us. I so, so hope we can put together a closing surge. KP and Seth are on a surge so they can lead us down the stretch run.

I have no worries about the starters, if all present and more or less healthy. They are lethal offensive. I think bench needs one of the Wright or Jackson to become alive offensively. Unless we play only 8 guys in the playoffs with Wright coming in to play defense.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 107, Bulls 109 - by omahen - 03-03-2020, 09:45 AM