Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YouTube TV dropping Fox Sports Southwest Feb 29
(02-28-2020, 08:53 AM)Hypermav Wrote: Sinclair pushed back against YouTube TV’s explanation in an emailed statement to [i]The Verge[/i]. “We offered YouTube TV the best terms under which their competitors carry our regional sports networks,” a spokesperson said. “Unfortunately, they alone decided to drop these channels citing ‘rising costs’ despite our offer to actually lower the fees they pay us. We also offered to continue negotiating under a short-term extension so that their subscribers could continue to watch their favorite hometown teams. They’ve not yet responded to this offer. Given the ease with which YouTube TV subscribers can drop the service and switch providers, we are surprised that they’ve chosen this course.”

You Tube TV will not reduce rates either by dropping the Sinclair Fox Regional Sports.  

Really a shame since the service with FSSW was working perfectly for my needs.  No stupid dish on the roof, fair price, no long term commitments, local channels and easy to use cloud DVR.  I hope they work something out.

Hmm I hope this staring contest gets resolved. I don't want the disruption of switching to Hulu which I didn't enjoy as much as Youtube. Sometimes Hulu would force commercials on FSSW DVR playback for some reason. If they don't get this resolved by next season I will have to switch.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: YouTube TV dropping Fox Sports Southwest Feb 29 - by StepBackJay - 02-28-2020, 03:24 PM