Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 107, Grizzlies 121
(02-06-2020, 12:12 PM)omahen Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 11:34 AM)hakeemfan Wrote: I would have taken a shot at Patton who we waived over him.

I really have a hard time understanding Mavs team building strategy. On one hand we are declining win now moves, because we are giving the team time to gel. Great, I buy it as reasonable strategy. But then please give a couple of youngsters valuable minutes in slots 10-15, not that you have them filled with rarely used vets - these are win now moves. I can't be convinced that Reeves wouldn't be able to provide The Accountant level of play in his minutes and have a surprise game or two. Who knows, perhaps even more, perhaps we would have our own Thybulle. I guess some young center might give a couple of quality minutes instead of rarely used Bobi. And so on.
I hear what you're saying, but I can't get too worked up about this level of issue. Carlisle usually uses a 10-man or less rotation, so guys 11-15 aren't going to get minutes in any case, except in case of injuries, blowouts, or situational matchups. Carlisle is the guy who has to weigh doing what works best for the particular game versus giving developmental minutes to deep-bench youngsters. I would trust him with that decision in cases like whether to play Reaves or Broekhoff.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 107, Grizzlies 121 - by mavsluvr - 02-07-2020, 04:35 PM