Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 9.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
62.50%
5 62.50%
Bulls
37.50%
3 37.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 36: CHI (13-24) @ DAL (23-13) | 118-110 win
(01-07-2020, 07:39 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: If Powell is going to get crapped on incessantly, he should also get praised for good games.  16 (second highest points) and 7 (second highest rebounds) on a perfect 6/6 from the field is a nice night.  Of course, some yahoo stat geek will probably point out that for all of that the team was only +2 while he was in and was +15 with Maxi.  Therefore Maxi, even with a weaker than usual line for him, was the more valuable player.  To your point, the team was +9 in the second quarter in the Powell/Maxi overlap minutes and +0 in the fourth quarter in the overlap minutes.  The game was actually won late third and early 4th when a lineup with Maxi, Seth and Wright (and various others) went +11.

Great game by him. I liked Powell's agressiveness this game. Some games without Luka on the court he receives the ball on the paint and doesn't attack, being OK with a pass to a contested 3. Yesterday he went to the rim a couple times, got to the line. That's what I like to see. He was one of the tallest dudes on the court and finishes well at the rim, should take advantage of that. His rebounding ability has to get better. Most people don't like him because of his contract. But to me he's at least a 6M/year guy (So not that big of an overpay). Not a starting center on a championship team, but a good guy to have on your big man rotation.

YOU ARE TALL MY MAN, DON'T TIP THE BALL SOMEWHERE. IF YOU WANT TO BE THE STARTER, GO UP AND GRAB THE BOARD LIKE IT'S YOURS. DON'T GET BULLIED ON D AND GIVE US SOME EFFORT IN THE OFFENSIVE BOARDS.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 36: CHI (13-24) @ DAL (23-13) | 118-110 win - by aguiar95 - 01-07-2020, 09:02 AM