Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 107, Raptors 110
(12-23-2019, 03:12 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote:
(12-23-2019, 02:53 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Mods are just posters who Magick asked to delete spam. Most other modding that has taken place is to watch out for Mod on Mod crime. No reason to hold that against SH.

I've been doing a bit of Brunson defending lately, but it is true that he's having to learn how to handle pressure. His 4th quarters have been up and down, no doubt. 

JJB would absolutely have settled that game down. He knows how to handle pressure because of his experience level in high pressure NBA situations, mental toughness and handles. 

And finally, based on past DSJ posts, more recent Seth posts (who takes Jalen's minutes sometimes), and consistent Brunson posts, I think Fuerza actually is Jalen Brunson. Which is really cool. He may be the first real live NBA player we've had on the board. 

We (most of us) love you Jalen!!
You are under the impression Barea is guaranteed to come off the bench ice cold and perform at a high level. He also has to play defense and he wasn't gonna stop Lowry, who was coming in like a freight train. 

Sure, I would prefer to see Barea run the offense over Delon/Seth, which hurt us in a 4 min span from 3Q-4Q but again I don't think it was the difference between winning/losing like many of y'all expect. Barea could have came in and screwed up just as easily too. 

Contrary to belief, I like all the Mavs players equally. I try to add a different perspective instead of contributing to the echo chamber of Luka = god posts.

We didn't even have to stop lowry if we kept scoring ourselves. Rick just has a fetish for small ball. I remember watching open court a while back and Kevin McHale was saying that small ball is good but tall skilled beats small skilled any day of the week and tall hustle beats small hustle. Pretty simple. He even gave examples like Draymond Green is a good defender but against a tall skilled big say Marc Gasol or Anthony Davis, he cant guard em. So expecting Brunson, Curry and Delon to be able to stop Lowry and a bunch of other sizable wings is stupid and more importantly.... they then have to work harder to score or grab rebounds!!! Brunson is a good backup as is Barea but expecting them to create and score one on one in such high energy trapping defense was a recipe for disaster. No Maxi or Boban with KP to try and shore up the middle/grab boards/block shots and no screens to free up space for offense.Ugh
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 107, Raptors 110 - by dmavs4life03 - 12-23-2019, 06:29 PM