Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 2 Playoffs 2024: Dallas Mavericks (0-1) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (1-0)
Wow, this game was almost as much stress as I can handle. Almost a must win situation and our boys in blue prevailed.

My observations: Can we please ban GATA? I mean he is obviously trolling and coming up with the exact opposite of a reasonable take 90% of the time.

Luka: Hit the "dagger" that we almost squandered, giving up an open 3 OOTO to Harden. His shouting was my favorite moment of the game.
Kyrie: One of the best assists ever and coming to live at the right time. This team does not work w/o him, because opponents need to pay attention to him and can't just focus on Luka.
Gafford: For some reason NOT playable against Zubac. He SHOULD match him physically but for some reason, he can not even grab rebounds or get into position to dunk. Keep him out of the games as much as possible.
PJ: After he fumbled that layup, I though he would kill us offensively but came to life and showed some balls. His defense was amazing. Even if he does not contribute on O, you need him on the court almost at all times.
Maxi: Probably our MVP in this game. Stellar D, also against Zubac and if he hits his threes I think our 5-out-offense can beat any team in this league.
Lively: Good in some stretches and if we need some size, he is the way to go. But he needs to work on his FTs and bulk up in the summer.

I hope we can keep up this intensity. offense should get better once we adjust more. We had so many sloppy turnovers and mistakes on simple handoffs, ugly! We can see now that most our our players are subpar offensive players and not really playable in big moments. That even goes for Exum, which I am suprised by.

Great W. But this series is far from over. Kawhi looked rusty and will get better. On the other hand, Zubac, Harden and PG won't play much better. If we keep up this intensity, I feel good about the series because we have the best and probably second best (if Kawhi is not 100%) player in the series. I would be shocked if we won two home games straight. This is going to stay a dog fight - and frankly, I like it!
[-] The following 4 users Like meistermatze's post:
  • Halfnir, KillerLeft, Reunion Mav, Smitty
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 04-23-2024, 11:30 PM
RE: Jason Terry - by KillerLeft - 04-23-2024, 11:34 PM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 04-23-2024, 11:33 PM
RE: Jason Terry - by KillerLeft - 04-23-2024, 11:35 PM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 04-23-2024, 11:46 PM
RE: Jason Terry - by KillerLeft - 04-23-2024, 11:47 PM
RE: Jason Terry - by The Jom - 04-23-2024, 11:48 PM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 04-24-2024, 08:13 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 04-24-2024, 08:17 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 04-24-2024, 08:15 AM
RE: GAME 2 Playoffs 2024: Dallas Mavericks (0-1) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (1-0) - by meistermatze - 04-24-2024, 01:54 PM