Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1 Playoffs 2024: Dallas Mavericks (0-0) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (0-0)
(04-21-2024, 05:55 PM)omahen Wrote: One thing to consider. Up to now, Mavs were always the underdogs in every series they played in the playoffs in the Luka era. First time they are considered as favorites, especially with Kawhi out in game 1. I expect them to show a much different face in game 2, or I will be bitterly dissapointed. The series start will be fully successful, if they win the second game in LA.

I wasn't fully surprised the Mavs lost today.  I was worried about the Clippers coming out desperate after hearing that they have no chance against the Mavs without Leonard.  That concerned me.   The Clippers shot well enough to win today as well.   

I was surprised how the Mavs came out though.  They played with more urgency in some of their regular season games during the streak.    Hopefully that is the last we say that.   From the start, the Clippers were the more aggressive, desperate team.   Luka took a 3 on the first possession and then Kyrie gave up an offensive rebound on the first shot.  

Credit Lue too.  I liked how he changed the narrative from the beginning.   Mavs have been bullying teams during their streak. Lue tried to set the tone and be the bully.  I am sure Zubac has been challenged by Lue leading up to today.  It worked.  Zubac was fantastic.  Mavs really need Gafford and Lively to be factors in this series.  Hopefully the stage is not too big for them.
[-] The following 3 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • Lukedoncic, omahen, Smitty
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 1 Playoffs 2024: Dallas Mavericks (0-0) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (0-0) - by Chicagojk - 04-21-2024, 06:09 PM