Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 62: Indiana Pacers (34-28) vs. Dallas Mavericks (34-27)
(03-06-2024, 11:25 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: The crazy part is that Hardy has played well recently and could solve the Kyrie/THJ minutes problem very easily. Furthermore Powell could for Kleber a little. His effort is still useful during the regular season. It just doesn´t translate in the play-offs, when everybody maxes effort and game-planning. We have enough depth for the strategy, if the coaching was sufficient.

There is no reason we cannot be better, especially offensively. This whole offense is ass backwards.

THJ should be the one standing in the corners. He should never touch the ball elsewhere on offense, cause the defense immediately knows: shot. It should be Hardy, Green, Exum and Washington involved in the motions, cause they can actually put it on the floor and willingly pass it. 

Exum 47.8%
Green 40.4%
Hardy 36.5% (trending upwards)

THJ 35.9% (trending downwards)
Washington 31.0%

Washington is 29/47 (62%) from 2pt range, yet has taken far more 3s since he´s here. Since the trade THJ is 12-34 from 2pt range 35%. The Mavs always punish the rooks with don´t bother us, stand in the corner, since the Carlisle days. THJ is the literal definition of stand in the corner and don´t bother us. He always shoots, when he touches the ball. He cannot create off the dribble, cause he never passes and he cannot shoot from inside the 3pt line.

I am actually surprised Hardy hasn't been given a game to show if he can be a spark.   I am not saying he will thrive, but I thought he has had some sparks lately.  I understand why he is out of the rotation though....not sure I agree with it.

I think pairing Hardy with Luka with size is a interesting combo when Kyrie goes out.    I would pair Exum with Kyrie when Luka goes out.    Maybe keep Green in with Exum and Kyrie.   Keep the pace fast and that group has played well at times together.    With Luka and Hardy maybe Jones Jr could be a nice mix and match.    

I don't think that happens but this is what I envision next year....with probably a SF addition to this grouping.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 03-05-2024, 10:32 PM
RE: Game 62: Indiana Pacers (34-28) vs. Dallas Mavericks (34-27) - by Chicagojk - 03-06-2024, 05:31 PM