Poll: Will the Mavs make a trade before the deadline?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
65.52%
19 65.52%
No
34.48%
10 34.48%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will the Mavs make a trade before the deadline?
(01-30-2024, 02:02 PM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: PJ is the guy I want too. He can be our New (and improved) Maxi. He has positional versatility on both ends and can both space the floor next to Lively or be the small ball 5 if we want to go 5-out, which we will NEED to be able to do in the playoffs. I even think he fits in a future context next to Omax and Lively. He fits our “two timelines.” 

PJ is just a much more skilled player off the bounce or even as a passer when compared with G-Will, DJJ or Maxi. I think he would unlock all types of lineup combinations the work well together on offense AND defense. He’s on a very fair contract. Career wise a good 3 point shooter with a nice stroke. Not worried about %’s this year. I would trade the 2027 for him with the right protections. Assuming this deal would involve Holmes and a small contract like Seth going out, we hang onto THJ for spacing and a bigger summer deal. Lively, PJ, Luka, Green, Irving, Exum, Hardaway, GWill and a mothballed Maxi, DJJ and Hardy for spark or matchups is our 2024 playoff rotation. DJJ is the odd man out in this equation. Prefer Grant Williams spacing and physicality for the playoffs.

I don't really see PJ as an improved Maxi.  He is the better player, but other than defensive versatility they don't have that much in common.  PJ is a way better offensive player, but there is not much evidence that he can play near healthy Maxi level defense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will the Mavs make a trade before the deadline? - by mvossman - 01-30-2024, 05:57 PM