Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ideal roles for the current roster
(04-09-2024, 05:38 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I have shared your thinking about this for years, although I find your explanations far more expert than my own. 

But what I've seen since the trade leads me to believe that the Mavs actually play better defense and offense with either Gaf or DLive on the floor. I haven't checked out the metrics on that for confirmation, though. 

Are you seeing that as well? If you do see them playing better with Gaf or DLive on the floor in these regular season games, do you think things might be different in the playoffs? I acknowledge that that may be the case, as teams try to target centers in space. 

This stretch of games has me leaning pro center, or at least, pro these two centers. 

I'm a Maxi fan as well. But Maxi plus one of the centers has actually played well (admittedly, without looking at the numbers).

Yeah, they are both great.

But, there are people around here who think they are great at switching, and Jason Kidd’s strategies lead me to believe that he does not share that opinion. 

So, when, in the course of a seven game series, their playoff opponents figure out how to FORCE those centers to switch onto their ball handlers, how do we think they will do?

My guess is not nearly as well as Kleber.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth, The Jom
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ideal roles for the current roster - by loki - 01-27-2024, 01:42 PM
RE: Ideal roles for the current roster - by loki - 01-27-2024, 02:56 PM
RE: Ideal roles for the current roster - by KillerLeft - 04-09-2024, 06:54 PM
RE: Ideal roles for the current roster - by Jym - 04-13-2024, 03:43 PM