Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 43: Boston Celtics (34-10) vs. Dallas Mavericks (24-19) 119-110 loss
Classic game of Timmy giveth and Timmy taketh.

He basically kept them connected the entire 2nd quarter with his hot shooting. He almost singlehandedly destroyed any chance of a comeback with his 4pt play and then hero ball with a minute remaining where he drives 1 on 3 and gets blocked for literally no reason.

This was a bad reffing game. Incredibly inconsistent throughout. That definitely got Luka out of his rhythm. Despite the triple double Luka had a bad game. Like really bad. Couldn't get basically anything to fall at all. Pouting the whole game. Refused to run back. Can't do that against an actual contending team.

Maxi can still defend, but he's about as 1 dimensional as they come. Luka literally had to yell at him to make a play for an easy layup in the 4th. He blew several open 3s. He blew a wide open layup (though the pass was a bit late from Luka). We give DJJ a lot of flack for not being a good enough shooter to punish defenses. Maxi has entered that realm. Mavs have like 4 guys in this realm already. It's pretty tiring.

Green had a good game. I've become resigned to what he is and he is a really good 5th option that can sometimes be a 10th option.

GW gave basically zero the whole game. Dude let countless of Celtics blow by him. I'm quite shocked how much he regressed after the 10th game. He can't shoot. He can't move his feet. This is a cold stretch of epic proportions. 0-3 from 3 and he looks like he has a hitch in his shot. He looks nothing like the player he was in Boston nor the dude the Mavs had in the first 10 games of the season.

Lively had a fantastic hustle game with some nifty finishes. He had such a horrible moment in the 3rd with the wide open Brown 3.

Jason Kidd's offensive system really just is 3 pet plays for Luka+Kyrie and then iso ball. There was 1 possession where Timmy held the ball for I believe 13 seconds jab stepping and ended with a contested 22ft jumper that clanked off the. Jrue locked him up. The Celtics calmly brought the ball down for an open 3. How is that allowable at any point?

Finally, the FT disparity was immensely one sided. BOS 30 attempts to DAL 14. Luka got hacked more times than I can count but the other Mavs basically never got a whistle. Luka had 11 attempts. Kyrie got hit on more than one occasion. Grant got absolutely hacked to end the half. The 12 points off FT disparity is enough to flip the game.

Overall flush this one down the drain. Mavs shit the bed despite having probably the most favorable circumstances to play this Boston team.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • F Gump, Smitty
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 01-22-2024, 11:03 PM
RE: Game 43: Boston Celtics (34-10) vs. Dallas Mavericks (24-19) 119-110 loss - by SleepingHero - 01-22-2024, 11:40 PM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 01-23-2024, 09:25 AM