Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: IND gets Siakam| TOR gets 3FRP, Nwora, Lewis Jr. and Brown
@ShamsCharania
Developing: The Raptors and Pacers are in active talks on a trade centered on two-time All-Star Pascal Siakam for package that includes three first-round picks, league sources say.

https://twitter.com/BasketballOnX/status...8LV5z7O4yg&s=19

"The Pacers had extensive conversations at the G League Showcase in Orlando about this (trading for Siakam). I think Indiana has some of the best assets to offer."

-@MikeAScotto

Tony East (@TonyREast)
Pacers picks for 2024 right now are 17 and 27. Half a game away from 21 and 27. Keep that in mind as you read the value of "3 picks", though I have no idea if those picks are even included in any package.
Keith Smith (@KeithSmithNBA)
The Pacers have all of their own first-round picks. They also have an extra 2024 pick is the least favorable of:

HOU 5-30
LAC
OKC
UTA 11-30

You probably could have guessed the Thunder own the other three picks in that scenario. Honestly, just assume OKC owns every extra pick.?‍♂️

Josh Lewenberg (@JLew1050)
"It’s unclear where the Raptors stand, but the Pacers’ level of motivation appears high."

This is key. Never really know where the Raps stand until a deal is done & it doesn't sound like this one is... yet. Assuming it's not, can't imagine they'll be thrilled about this leaking.
Retweets

Keith Smith (@KeithSmithNBA)
I am VERY curious to see what the "other salaries" are that Indiana would be sending Toronto in addition to Bruce Brown.

Pending who that is, Raptors could be positioned to have a decent chunk of cap space. And still have a couple more tradable guys too.

Evan Sidery (@esidery)
The Pacers would need to add an additional $8.2 million alongside Bruce Brown to absorb Pascal Siakam’s $37.8 million salary.

Keep an eye on Obi Toppin, Jalen Smith and Isaiah Jackson as potential pieces included in negotiations.

Indiana has reportedly been reluctant to include Bennedict Mathurin or Jarace Walker.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
TRADE: IND gets Siakam| TOR gets 3FRP, Nwora, Lewis Jr. and Brown - by SleepingHero - 01-16-2024, 08:54 PM