Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 38: Memphis Grizzlies (13-23) vs Dallas Mavericks (22-15)
(01-10-2024, 08:36 AM)omahen Wrote: Agree to an extent. But what was the main reason for this? I don't think it was just lack of wish, at least not as a majority. As you also recognize (and Iztok), it had more to do with roster construction added with limitations because a couple of guys still can't play. Small ball minutes killed us and we simply didn't have personell to play in a different way. Not sure why Holmes played only 3 minutes. Not that he was great, but 7 minutes of GW at center was an absolute disaster. And this is not so much on GW but him being played in a wrong role.

I can't remember the Holmes minutes that much, but were they that bad?   He sort of had a smirk when he was subbed out.   I know he gave up an offensive rebound after contesting a shot but also had a nice assist.  I don't have many expectations, but thought we should have given him more run.    We were just begging Grizz to attack the rim.  They did.  Got a lot of baskets at the rim, open threes, and got rebounds on a lot of their misses.  

This was not the issue last night due to us being shorthanded,  but I really want to get to a place where this team can withstand a bad Luka game.   A game where he takes his foot off the pedal and let others carry the burden.    Jokic does this at times.   He will be the passer and not look to score much, until it is needed.    It feels even when Luka is struggling or injured, it is still the same offense.    Maybe put him in the post and run action away from him?    Something like that.    With Green, Hardaway, Grant, etc struggling last night, we didn't have many other options.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKidd
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game 38: Memphis Grizzlies (13-23) vs Dallas Mavericks (22-15) - by Chicagojk - 01-10-2024, 08:50 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 01-10-2024, 09:33 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 01-10-2024, 10:58 AM