Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 13: Milwaukee Bucks (9-4) vs. Dallas Mavericks (9-4) | 125-132 loss
(11-19-2023, 06:45 PM)omahen Wrote: I have no idea why Drummond or Olynik are mentioned around here. Both are horrible defenders. Powell is not that bad and that big of a problem. Mavs problem is imho, they only have guards in bench rotation. Hardaway, Green, Curry, Exum and Hardy. These are the only bench players in rotation besides Powell (with Kleber out, and even than they played him exclusively at center, so instead of Powell not next to him). Bringing a slow footed offensive big will not help with defensive issues. They need to bring in bigger wings. Replace at least one of those guards with a bigger wing. Most logical solution imho is, again, a good 2-way wing replacing DJJ in the starting unit and bringing DJJ from bench.

I agree with everything you said, but the stance on Powell.  He's terrible for what we need him for. We need him for rebounding, rim protection, and interior defense off the bench.  He provides none of this. 

Every game its the same problem. Lively goes out and we get abused even more in the paint. No rebounding. No rim protection.

I agree that we need bigger wings. I agree that our bench is only guards. Small guards at that.  But Powell is terrible. He's a great guy. He plays hard. But he displays none of the skills we need for a back up big.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 11-19-2023, 09:46 AM
RE: Game 13: Milwaukee Bucks (9-4) vs. Dallas Mavericks (9-4) | 125-132 loss - by Nowitzki Way - 11-20-2023, 04:57 AM