Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 13: Milwaukee Bucks (9-4) vs. Dallas Mavericks (9-4) | 125-132 loss
I think almost everyone is overreacting. This was a GOOD game, imo.

Williams did miss some big shots down the stretch, and that’s one of the bigger reasons they lost. I was disappointed by that, but on the other hand, the help defense he played against Giannis (while the ROOKIE guarded him REALLY well) was phenomenal. I’m surprised there aren’t more people in here raising the pom-poms for the Mavs’ defense in general. There were times last night when it was STIFLING, and I felt that even Luka had some really good moments on that end. More consistency is needed, obviously, but you can’t tell me it’s hopeless or that they’re not working on it now that I’ve seen that game.

Why aren’t more people remarking at what a dream fit THJ and the 6th man role have become? I never really thought he’d be a fit there, but he very obviously is. He literally might be the 6th man of the year, and is obviously good enough on both ends to play that role for a deep playoff team.

I still think it’s the forward group who needs the most help, but Williams, Green, DJJ and O-Max (I’m betting sooner than some of you think) all bring something pretty neat to the table. The improvement needed might actually happen from within that group, not without.

Powell wasn’t great last night, but he’s capable of playing much better. We’ve seen it many times. As I’ve said before, they’re obviously planning for and depending on a healthy, playing well version of Kleber. I haven’t given up on that yet. Some of you are sooooo quick to make these judgements!

I think we should all take a few beats to really let it sink in that the team is GOOD, and not HORRIBLE like many predicted. We should probably be happy about that and enjoy the ride from here, but instead, it weirdly seems like the better they get the angrier some of you get.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Chicagojk, DallasMaverick
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 11-19-2023, 09:46 AM
RE: Game 13: Milwaukee Bucks (9-4) vs. Dallas Mavericks (9-4) | 125-132 loss - by KillerLeft - 11-19-2023, 10:14 AM