Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 10: New Orleans Pelicans (4-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (8-2) | 124-136 WINNNN!!
(11-13-2023, 01:48 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Ya I’m hoping this was truly the approach. Just felt a little like Kidd falling back on that excuse after letting the game get to the point where we actually had to send starters back out to secure it.

Well said, I’ve come to recognize things Kidd is doing differently in a positive way. Just pointing out a small thing that was bugging me is all.

Thanks... I guess there is also balance because the goal is for the young guys to play through the mistakes. One of the hardest things for young players on limited minutes to adjust to is the lack of flow during their in-game time. Calling timeouts is a flow-killer, and maybe Kidd wanted to see if they could correct. The truth is that the next time they are on the floor, he MIGHT NOT have any TO's at his disposal. All that to say I probably agree that he "appears" to have taken the 4th period off and I am hoping that there was some method to last night beyond we bagged this one.

ONE other possible explanation has to do with the In-Season Tournament: Dallas plays New Orleans again in a short turn around and that second game is an IST game. Kidd might not want to show any adjustments AT ALL knowing the level of heightened importance game 2 holds. I don't KNOW that for sure, but Kidd seems to be more taken with doing well in the Pool Games than some of the other coaches around the league.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game 10: New Orleans Pelicans (4-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (8-2) | 124-136 WINNNN!! - by SkenfromLMF - 11-13-2023, 03:57 PM