Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 8: Toronto Raptors (4-4) vs. Dallas Mavericks (6-2) | 127-116 loss
(11-10-2023, 12:29 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I understand Holmes alone could not be used in a 1 for 1 swap. I didn't say that and I'd assume you'd follow my logic. I said his salary could be used in matching purposes, meaning he can be apart of a package deal to acquire these guys.

Of course it'd take additional assets. I'm not arguing that Holmes as an asset is good enough for any of these guys by himself. That's folly. I am arguing though that Holmes+additional assets is going to bring  a greater return than if the Mavs just kept the TPE and  did a TPE+additional assets trade. Mostly because you cannot combine the TPE with anything to bring back a greater salary AND the Mavs got Omax as well. 

Whether or not any of these teams would sell on their guys remains to be seen. There were rumors that CHA wanted to buyout Hayward over the summer. Knicks and Randle are not having a good time right now. Every passing day CHI comes closer to blowing it up and their own fans don't believe they could get anything of major value for Vucevic.

I am sure some of those players might become available. Hayward example - it is more beneficial for them to just cut him instead of taking long term bad salary. They trade him if someone offers asset(s). I don't see Vucevic and Randle fit here.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 11-08-2023, 07:42 PM
RE: Game 8: Toronto Raptors (4-4) vs. Dallas Mavericks (6-2) | 127-116 loss - by omahen - 11-10-2023, 12:54 PM