Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavs MVP at the 5% Mark (sans Luka)
(11-03-2023, 05:23 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Sounds like you might be ok with this early season guess: He may be valuable on this particular roster as a 2nd unit player who closes games because that puts him where he can thrive and where the team currently needs him most.

The way I’d say it is he’s clearly in their top 5.  He just isn’t starting.

Many many people theorized that we might get a better version of Josh if he played in the solo-star minutes.  Great, I think that theory is valid.  He absolutely has to finish games (and it obviously isn’t just me who thinks so).  Well, if you do the solo-star minutes and close halves, you can’t do all of that and start.

So, I don’t consider him a second unit player.  I do think it is reasonable for him to come off the bench (especially if we come up with a replacement who isn’t hurting us).  DJJ is -1, +1, +12 and +11 in his four games this season (kind of the definition of not hurting us).  Thankfully the all-important first 5% of the season is all that matters and the other 95% is just window dressing until the playoffs get here.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mavs MVP at the 5% Mark (sans Luka) - by DanSchwartzgan - 11-03-2023, 05:43 PM