Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: SAC trades Holmes+Prosper to Mavs
(06-23-2023, 01:46 PM)cow Wrote: While I believe this to be true, Dallas gives him the perfect opportunity to continue his career as an NBA player long term.  He got paid, had the domestic violence accusations (not a ton of info on this but he has been granted custody of his son and his filing a defamation suit against the Sacramento Bee), and then the Sabonis trade happened.  I'm not saying he's without fault for where his career is but a lot of folks here thought highly of him before he signed that new contract with the Kings.  With the state of our rotation, he doesn't even need to be great to get quality minutes.  I think, or maybe hope, he'll be motivated and can be a useful rotation piece.

I agree.  I mentioned his domestic situation and him winning and getting custody of his child last season and how that might have impacted his career. He's always been mentioned as a high character guy and he prevailed in this situation also. Hopefully there is something left in him basketball wise.

I'm just pushing back against the notion that having a $12 mil player option means he's playing hungry for a new contract.  That is literally the opposite of the truth.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: SAC trades Holmes+Prosper to Mavs - by RoyTarpleysGhost - 06-23-2023, 03:09 PM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 06-22-2023, 11:45 PM