Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: SAC trades Holmes+Prosper to Mavs
(06-23-2023, 01:46 PM)cow Wrote: While I believe this to be true, Dallas gives him the perfect opportunity to continue his career as an NBA player long term.  He got paid, had the domestic violence accusations (not a ton of info on this but he has been granted custody of his son and his filing a defamation suit against the Sacramento Bee), and then the Sabonis trade happened.  I'm not saying he's without fault for where his career is but a lot of folks here thought highly of him before he signed that new contract with the Kings.  With the state of our rotation, he doesn't even need to be great to get quality minutes.  I think, or maybe hope, he'll be motivated and can be a useful rotation piece.

Contrary to what most sports fans seem to think most players aren´t robots. Their performances usually don´t just deteriorate in their physical primes. It is injuries, addiction problems, mental problems or other personal reasons. You just need to evaluate the reasons and whether they can be overcome. Historically the Mavs have been notoriously ignorant or bad in these situations that demanded research and player evaluations.

This has all the trademarks of a bounce back year for Holmes.

He won the custody battle that must have weighed heavily on his mind. He´s getting out of the toxic environment and bad memories the Sacbee created for him in Sacramento with their accusations. He gets a change of scenery, in a completely new place. That´s exactly the kind of player you can bet on.
[-] The following 4 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • Jmaciscool, michaeltex, mvossman, Smitty
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: SAC trades Holmes+Prosper to Mavs - by Mavs2021 - 06-23-2023, 02:23 PM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 06-22-2023, 11:45 PM