Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charania: Kyrie Reaches out to Lebron to team up in DAL. Lebron: I'll think about it
(06-06-2023, 10:44 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Honestly I don´t know what the motivation of LeBron was to have Charania tweet this, but whether it´s genuine interest of LeBron to leave the Lakers or just an attempt to bully the Lakers into stepping up their efforts for the Irving S&T, I´m cool with the second option too. That only means the Mavs can extract maximum value out of the Lakers.

Hachimura
Vanderbilt
Bamba
Russell on a one year deal to match salaries.
#17 pick (wink, wink)
2029 1st

Use the future picks to get Myles Turner.

Doncic/Hardy/
Russell/THJ/
Green/Bullock/Hendricks
Vanderbilt/Hachimura/Kleber
Turner/Bamba/Lively

I don´t think this team is worse than anything you can put around Luka/Kyrie and the cap flexibility and asset base are fixed in one swoop. No Kyrie headache either.

Any SnT deal requires the signee to be signed for a minimum of 3 years and not at an exception. So D'Lo will be coming at a much heftier price. Same with Rui. Mavs also have to watch out for the Apron in said deal. Lets assume D'Lo gets 20 a year, Rui gets 15. Vando is at 4, and Bamba is at 11. That's roughly around ~50. Add in the draft pick at #17 and #10 and the Mavs are already at 176MM and past the apron.

I don't know which assets you're using to trade for Turner. Is it the Mavs 27 and Lakers 29? What contracts are you matching for Turner's 20 mil salary? The roster you proposed is pushing past 194MM because Bertans is still hanging around. 

Picks at the draft are rarely, if ever (seriously cannot think of a case at all the last 20 years), traded 6 days later during FA along with SnT contracts because the optics of such a deal would be placed under review immediately by the league for tampering charges. 

I've maintained any SnT deal with the Lakers and Kyrie is unrealistic as they have nothing the Mavs want outside of that 2029 pick.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Charania: Kyrie Reaches out to Lebron to team up in DAL - by SleepingHero - 06-06-2023, 12:42 PM