Poll: What is the probability that Kyrie will be a Mav next season?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0% < P < 10%
4.76%
1 4.76%
10% < P < 20%
9.52%
2 9.52%
20% < P < 30%
0%
0 0%
30% < P < 40%
0%
0 0%
40% < P < 50%
4.76%
1 4.76%
50% < P < 60%
4.76%
1 4.76%
60% < P < 70%
9.52%
2 9.52%
70% < P < 80%
19.05%
4 19.05%
80% < P < 90%
0%
0 0%
90% < P < 100%
47.62%
10 47.62%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the probability that Kyrie will be a Mav next season?
(04-05-2023, 04:01 PM)RDB Wrote: I’ll preface this by saying I know few specifics about Kyrie’s history regarding trade requests and overall happiness, so my opinion may be way off base.  However, the Kyrie I have seen since he has been here is very different than the one I was expecting after reading this board.  I have seen a person who is consistently supportive of his teammates, seems to have willingly accepted his role alongside a ball dominate teammate, and has been a model player so far.  I love everything about his respectful, positive on court demeanor, whether it is with his teammates, opposing players, and even refs.  I LOVE Luka but I feel like I need to pop an antidepressant after watching him play.

I’m no psychologist but based on what I have seen during his time in Dallas and what I do know of his history, I see Kyrie as selfless, not selfish.  However, I do see Kyrie as a VERY prideful person who demands respect…a trait that he is uncompromising about.  I could even see Kyrie trying to get a fan thrown out of a game for being overly disrespectful.  Is that a personality flaw?  Maybe…but I think there are many pro athletes who share this flaw, though I think it is probably more pronounced with him than most.

I think Kyrie is just one who needs to be managed a little differently.  We have all likely dealt with his type and IMO, it’s not about walking on egg shells or allowing them to get their way every time.  It’s about being mindful of how you are navigating potentially challenging situations, both in the lead up to and the resolution.  Is it a pain in the ass?  Sure, but if you want the good, you have to work with the bad.  You know who he is and what he demands.  I don’t think Kyrie would respond well to getting sent to the asthma field (any Cowboys fans).  My hot sports opinion is that anyone who signs up for the challenge only has themselves to blame if they are not able to manage his personality type properly.  Ultimately, if signs and stays here long term, I believe it will be a direct result of how we have managed the relationship, not some dollar figure or other selfish motivation.

Then again, I could just be a moron.

You’re definitely not a moron, and there’s a chance you are right on the money.

However, fans in Cleveland, Boston and Brooklyn were all singing the same tune in this same key early on, too. The smart money says he is angling to get his last contract, not suddenly a completely different person.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, HoosierDaddyKid, Mavs2021
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the probability that Kyrie will be a Mav next season? - by KillerLeft - 04-05-2023, 04:52 PM