Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 114, Lakers 100
(12-02-2019, 12:02 PM)Sigma4Life Wrote: It's entirely possible all the top FAs wanted to play for the Mavs but Donnie screwed it up, there just isn't any evidence to support the perspective.

Given that the team is performing at a much higher level than any of us expected, we have to assume Donnie knew what he was doing.
The track record is the only tangible evidence, and it speaks poorly to Donnie's (and in all honesty anyone that is a part of the recruiting process including Mark and RC and anyone else in the room) performance. 

(edit) All the excuses for under-performance do not make it a creditable/praise type thing. If I'm a salesman and I'm not bringing in any big accounts when I'm having meetings with them, at some point my manager is gonna wonder why, not give or accept excuses as to why not. If I bring in smaller accounts that outperform their contracts he'll work with me to figure out how to land the bigger ones for a period of time. At some point he'll have to make the decision on whether or not that is enough.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 114, Lakers 100 - by ItsGoTime - 12-02-2019, 12:07 PM