Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Luka Doncic And the Prevailing Power of the Pass
(03-07-2023, 02:16 PM)sefant Wrote: [Image: luka.png]

Was bored Tongue

Wether Luka's minutes and rest pattern needs some adjustment. Its pretty clearly that Luka / Wood had problems alone and together since the break. Both have the worst raw +/- since the break/trade (last 11 games). Its a low sample size of course. But its something to watch. Wouldn't say its nothing. Doing better in those stretches could been the reason of winning or losing, if a lot of games are going down to the wire. You might wanna try something different with the rotation. If the trend continues ...

Kyrie +72
THJ +46
Frank +42
Hardy +30
Powell +20
Bullock +17
Green +12
Kleber +6
Holiday -3
Luka -15
Wood -44

Luka / Wood since the break:

101.9 ORtg
129.4 DefRtg

-27.5 net in 73 min

The only positive Wood combo is Frank at +36.3, and Wood/Hardy at +0.4 net. The rest don't really look good at all.
This is tremendous work and shows me what my eye test said a long time ago. Luka should not be playing full quarters during the game. Seems to me the reasoning behind it is to make sure he is in for the end of every quarter. 

Being -11 to start the game is what it is, our starters are not that good compared to the teams we’ve played. Being -7 at the end of the 1st tells me he’s getting tired by that time.  Being -17 at the end of the 3rd tells me he’s pooped at that point.

I really wish this coaching staff would adjust his minutes so he gets shorter rests, but more of them throughout the game. Result of having the same overall minutes, just broken up so he can rest his body more throughout the game. I really think this would help him get back to being clutch like he was when he first came into the league.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Luka Doncic And the Prevailing Power of the Pass - by ItsGoTime - 03-07-2023, 03:23 PM