Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 62: LAL (28-32) @ DAL (32-29) | 2:30 CST tip
(02-27-2023, 01:07 PM)Smitty Wrote: I know you aren't responding to my post directly but to explain my worry in a few more words.

There are 3 players on this team that should be permanent starters. Even if you don't agree with that statement, there should be 3 players that get ~30+ minutes a night.

If Kidd wants to experiment with starting Holiday, trying him in the DFS role, I think it's fantastic. Do it at the expense of Bullock or Hardaway.

Green will likely be here the next 3+ years. Holiday, Bullock and Hardaway most definitely will not be.

If you're Kidd you're focus should be finding what works with Luka/Irving/Green. A 4 or 5 game stretch where Green isn't setting the world on fire doesn't warrant playing 16 minutes and inferior (temporary) players are leaping him in the rotation.

It is one game - but like you, I don't have much faith that Kidd has some master plan up his sleeve.

It´s on Cuban/Nico to give a direction to this franchise. Kidd is just a coach. Carlisle and now Kidd neglect the draft and player development in favour of bargain bin veterans looking for a last pay cheque before retirement. As we see now in Indiana, Carlisle can work with younger players, when he has no other choice.

It was not their decision how the roster was constructed. It was Cuban. Cuban hates rookies. Why pay $6M a year for a rookie to get better, when you can pay a veteran $2M, who will do a better job. Cuban doesn´t want to invest into a rookie becoming an All-Star in four years time like Brunson, when he doesn´t make the team better immediately/in the next 12 months aka as Short-Terminitis the Cuban illness. The fact that Cuban can´t think ahead more than 12 months, has hurt this franchise forever.

The coach just does what the owner/GM wants, so he doesn´t get fired. I honestly think I got the Carlisle situation pretty wrong. I figured given his standing that Carlisle would have/used his power to impact personnel decisions. Now it looks like he just wanted to be a coach, not a shadow GM. He coached whatever trash Cuban/Donnie put together and the last few years he probably just mailed it in.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 62: LAL (28-32) @ DAL (32-29) | 2:30 CST tip - by Mavs2021 - 02-27-2023, 01:26 PM