Poll: How many points does Kyrie score in his Mavs debut? O/U 26.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
80.00%
8 80.00%
Under
20.00%
2 20.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 56: DAL (30-26) vs. LAC (31-27) | 110-104 WIN!
(02-08-2023, 09:40 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I hope this is just to showcase THJ and hope he has a huge game. I'm sick of him.

I feel for you, but think about it this way:

A) the team currently has exactly 8 players ready to be in a playoff rotation (actually 6, with Luka/Kleber hurt, but 8 to finish the season, in theory). THJ is unquestionably one of them. 

B) He's almost surely the 3rd biggest voice in the room right now. 3rd in the pecking order, socially. There were 3 between him and Luka at the end of last season, but Brunson, Dinwiddie and DFS are all gone now, with KI being the only one put in their place. Leadership wise, THJ got more important this week, not less.

C) This team has tried to make him a 6th man three (3!!) times in the last 2-3 years, and it has failed miserably all three times, either because he doesn't fit in that role or because he's so against it his head isn't right with it. If he's here, you want him confident and contributing. 

D) I believe they're trying to move him now, for two purposes: adding defense and lowering future salary responsibilities. But, he wouldn't be addition by subtraction no matter how many people claim otherwise, so they're not going to pull the trigger unless they find something they like. Going back to points A and B, if he's still here on Thursday night, he's definitely going to be a 30 minutes per player, and I'd be shocked if he didn't start.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 56: DAL (29-26) vs. LAC (31-26) | Mavs +8 underdogs - by KillerLeft - 02-08-2023, 09:53 PM