Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 31: DAL (15-16) @ MIN (16-15) | 106-116 loss
(12-20-2022, 10:07 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Two options. Step by step. Slowly adding positive assets and developing them. Valueing every single asset and making moves to improve the roster. Even if it is a minor improvement. Even if it might take some time.
Or the Mavs way. Plan powder and all in trades. 

After they have tried their luck with capspace and big trades it might be time to go with a different approach.

I’ll add one more thing to this.  The key is adding players who have a shot at being more than they are currently showing.  Naz Reid is an interesting name.  He’s only 23 and stuck behind all-stars.  Who knows what he’ll ever be (that’s why teams have pro scouting departments).  But, I like taking a shot on someone like him more than I do a guy in his 30’s.

Say what you wish about SD, but he was a 13 PER in DC.  He was a 19 here.  His WS/48 went from .058 to .182.  His per minute scoring went up 33% and his trips to the line went up 50%.  His 2% and 3% went from .310/.432 to .404/.568.  Those who hated the acquisition tended to focus on current season numbers.  Those of us who liked the acquisition looked at a more complete body of work to see what might be.  I think the same might apply to P J Washington, but who knows.  He’s posted some decent numbers at times.  So, we know it is possible.  Who knows why it isn’t happening this season, but his skill set isn’t that different than Maxi’s.  He’s not Jaylen Brown or O G Anunoby.  Just another incremental “step by step” move as you say.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 31: DAL (15-16) @ MIN (16-15) | 106-116 loss - by DanSchwartzgan - 12-20-2022, 11:14 AM