Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X's and O's: An Ongoing Discussion of the Exquisite Art of Basketball
(12-02-2022, 12:41 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: There's no question in my mind that Wood, much more so than Porzingis, offers Kidd/Luka the potential to make that short roll a "bread and butter" element of the team's offensive approach. Unlike some, I have no trouble imagining how scary it might be for them to trust him right away, but on the the other hand, when it has worked it has looked GOOD. 

I think they need to go for it, personally.

I think the question we do not answer is whether Wood can pass out of the high post effectively. In theory he is better than Maxi and there is No doubt he is the best option for flooring and attacking the basket, but it will not be any more effective to have Wood forcing shots against teams who rotate to take away that drive. I would hope the goal is to FORCE a big to try and be the trap/double on Luka AND get DFS in the middle, or maybe run a switch where we can get either player at a given time.  The answer might be to set up a Wood/DFS screen that forces the 1st switch away from the ball.  The most difficult part of early action is timing because it means Luka can't over penetrate bringing the ball up and spacing with the off-ball action can get compromised.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SkenfromLMF's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: X's and O's: An Ongoing Discussion of the Exquisite Art of Basketball - by SkenfromLMF - 12-02-2022, 06:11 PM