Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X's and O's: An Ongoing Discussion of the Exquisite Art of Basketball
(11-16-2022, 06:41 PM)cow Wrote: That kind of kills my simple solution for our lineups.  Feel free to delete this if it violates the spirit of this thread but I'd like to see THJ's minutes go to Green/Wood and see what this team looks like with that shortened rotation.

I would disagree with any shortened rotation.  Expand the rotation.  We've got 82 + games to play.  Let's see what everybody has and keep the proven players injury free and fresher.  We can shorten the rotation on the 83rd game...

...but, yeah...play Green, Wood, Bertans, Ntilikina, Compazzo, and...Pinson, Hardy...hell, throw the kitchen sink at'em.  See what they got and season the team.

THJ (and Bertans to somewhat lesser degree) need to understand that shot selection is their friend.  You can almost bet that when Timmie gets his hot little hands on the ball he will shoot...even when he should have passed.

On another note...why do they pass when they are open?  Ball movement simply for the sake of ball movement does nothing but run out the clock...where THJ has to put up a pirouette prayer.  Ball movement should set up the better shot.

Yeah, yeah...if the 3 point shot is not falling--attack the basket...as a team.  Score some easy shots and the long range will get easier.

I'm commenting simply because I was a little unhappy at the team play last night.  BUT!...did anyone else notice that Compazzo, despite his warts, calmed the team down and helped distribute the ball better while he was out there?  No?  Take a look.

I guess while I'm on a run I'll also say that time should never be taken off the clock on offenseScore!  Then take time off the clock on defense.

I've run down...
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: X's and O's: An Ongoing Discussion of the Exquisite Art of Basketball - by ballsrchr - 11-17-2022, 09:54 PM