Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
IT'S HARDY TIME: Jaden Hardy looking like a decent prospect
My hope next year is Hardaway is not here and Hardy takes most of those minutes.   Maybe add a cheap point guard who can fill in when needed or due to injury.  There are a ton of these guys out there.  I would like a younger one though.   Isaiah Wong??  Reece Beekman?

Giving Hardy those minutes will have rough spots and he still needs to grow, but he is ready to get minutes and learn.    Right now, I think he fits better with Kyrie than Luka, but I will be interesting to see if he can grow some chemistry.   In theory, the end of quarter Luka minutes could use another guy who can get to the basket.  

In addition, him and Kyrie are two guys who look like they can hit free throws late.   That is a nice feeling to have.

Right now, I have trouble seeing a three guard lineup of Luka, Kyrie and Hardy working like the lineup we used with Luka, Jalen and Din.    So that may limit some of the Hardy minute upside...at least for next year.

(03-16-2023, 11:08 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: He shows flashes of a consistent 20ppg kind of guy. 

I think he can be that. I think the best role would probably be a super 6th man like a Manu/JET type of role. Come off the bench, play starter minutes, score a crap ton/distribute as needed.

https://v.redd.it/g0xwd6u7m7oa1

Hardy in the USA!

Nice highlights.   It is a weakness of his game.   Playing defense off ball is a transition for everyone.   Him attempting to take charges recently is a nice surprise.    Being good at taking charges can really help, even if you are a subpar defender.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: IT'S HARDY TIME: Jaden Hardy looking like a decent prospect - by Chicagojk - 03-17-2023, 07:18 AM