Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: Tyler Dorsey to DAL on two-way deal
(07-24-2022, 11:14 AM)sterlingmallory Wrote: I agree the offseason has been very confusing, but the Dorsey part of it at least makes total sense IMO. 3&D wings are gold in today's NBA so from the Mavs perspective, they need to be signing and developing as many of them as they can. 2 way contracts are a great way to do that. I wanted AJ Lawson but the Mavs seem to think Dorsey is a just as good or better prospect.

Dorsey's motivation makes perfect sense as well. I've seen several people confused about why he would turn down contracts in Europe to sign a 2 way here and I don't understand why. It seems pretty obvious to me: he wants to play in the NBA again. This is his shot to get back in and prove he belongs. He obviously doesn't think he'll "be g-league player & a cheerleader from the bench at the best". He is betting on himself that he will outplay the 2 way contract and earn himself a good payday in the NBA. It's pretty simple IMO.

I think is more of a scorer than a 3&D wing. Also people were expecting at least some at least notable name, not 4-5 best player in Olympiacos last season.

I agree with Dorsey motivation, i'm only more sceptical about quality than motivation.

If he isn't g-league player or cheerleader that also mean that we aren't getting any player as a backup pg.

That's what concerns me more. And then we already passed on a way better players than Dorsey imo.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FA: Tyler Dorsey to DAL on two-way deal - by MAVS-SLO - 07-24-2022, 01:42 PM