Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only Fantasy Traders in the Building (The Mitchell Case)
(07-15-2022, 04:39 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I agree.  Keep piling up players (especially players who have the right contracts) and take your shot next summer when you have your picks.  We can do just as well with players like Rose or Gary Harris or Dinwiddie who can be traded next summer as expiring salary match rather than taking the unnecessary step of clearing the decks for 23/24.  It looks like NY may land Mitchell with just such a deal and no space.

If it doesn't work out, contracts like those I named do expire in 24/25 and you can create space for a big swing then if it didn't work in 23/24 depending what you've done with Hardaway, Wood and to a lesser extent Bertans.  Basically use two year players or 1+1 with TO players to give yourself a shot at trade matching in 23/24 and a second shot using space if need be in 24/25.

Yep, keep making smart decisions and piling up singles and doubles.   Sometimes, you get lucky and that double turns into a homerun.   Player evaluation/acquisition is a 365 day job.    There is a reason why Memphis is in such a good position (besides getting lucky with Ja).   They constantly hit singles and doubles and then occasionally have a single turn into a triple (Bane).

I don't know if the Mavs will come through this summer.  Losing Brunson for me is really tough.   There is a world though that they find 75% of production of Brunson while staying in good financial standing moving forward.  The Mavs are out of errors though....can't afford any more.

Not bad for someone who has not watched a baseball game all year.  Play Ball!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Only Fantasy Traders in the Building (The Mitchell Case) - by Chicagojk - 07-15-2022, 05:50 PM