Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only Fantasy Traders in the Building (The Mitchell Case)
(07-15-2022, 02:47 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: You know, this thought has seemed bonkers to me until I looked at the FA lists for '23 and '24 this afternoon. 

I LOATHE Westbrook's game, but if getting to a MAX slot is the goal, '23 would be so preferable than '24 because of potential targets, and it would happen faster, which is obviously better for the "Luka clock" aspect. 

And, I haven't done the math, but moving BOTH Bertans AND Hardaway might even provide for keeping Wood and/or Kleber's cap holds? Not sure about that part. 

I don't hate it as much as I did a week ago. It would absolutely be punting on this season, I think, but then again, they DO need another creator. Would Westbrook be willing to come off the bench? Probably not, I'd think.

Depending on how you pick up the options on Bullock, Green and Dinwiddie, you'd only have ~$70m committed next year.  I did the math the other day and don't remember the exact figure and I'd certainly need Dan or Gump to double check that.  

And to be clear, this isn't trading for Westbrook.  This is ditching Bertans contract using the value that THJ has and how much the Lakers loath Westbrook.

We know they've sniffed around Buddy Love for years and Tim is as good of an analogue to Buddy as there gets.  Powell is filler.  Bertans is why we aren't asking for picks back and the Lakers need shooting anyway.  I think he could be useful.  Overpriced but useful.

We didn't miss a beat when Tim was out last year but it does take away firepower now that Brusnon is gone.  We'd need to get a few quality vet minimums to stay within the margins.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Only Fantasy Traders in the Building (The Mitchell Case) - by cow - 07-15-2022, 02:52 PM