Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only Fantasy Traders in the Building (The Mitchell Case)
Another reason I think Kemba might be a target of some kind: he's expiring. 

I'm not as good at the cap stuff as you, @"DanSchwartzgan", but it seems to me like if Dallas just lets everyone expire AND cuts ties with the not-fully-guaranteed guys (Bullock, Dinwiddie and Green all have some voidable money next season, Green's is a complete team option) that would give them north of $12 million in cap space (please confirm)? 

If they can move Bullock or Dinwiddie at the deadline or early next summer (partially guaranteed money might make this really easy), they might even clear more. 

If they can move either Hardaway or Bertans this summer or at the deadline for someone expiring, it's REALLY easy to imagine a MAX slot opening up next summer, if I'm understanding this stuff. 

Now, I personally don't like the idea of stepping back to make another run at free agents at this time. However, IF that's their thinking, I'd much rather do it in 2023 than in 2024. A quick scan of the potential free agents for both of those summers will explain that opinion, I think. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Only Fantasy Traders in the Building (The Mitchell Case) - by KillerLeft - 07-15-2022, 02:15 PM