Poll: Does Powell get the start tonight? If not, who starts?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes he starts.
88.89%
8 88.89%
Maxi starts instead.
0%
0 0%
Someone else (say who!)
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PLAYOFF ROUND 2 GAME 2: DAL (0-2) vs. PHX (2-0)| 109-129 loss
I really like the Mavs roster construction and after watching MEM and GSW play small all night. A matchup with either team would be super fun to watch. Phoenix is just a touch matchup with Ayton but I expect the Mavs to go to Kleber and the small lineup quicker. Wish THJ were available.

The key will be to attack Ayton with more urgency tonight. He's no Gobert on offense but he's no Gobert on defense either.

I do think Powell starts each half. Luka will be aggressive and get some good looks with Ayton in drop. Mavs can't fall behind early and let the crowd get into the game. Defensive communication is key. I expect Dallas to pressure the ball a bit more to try and control the pace.

Key the game? For me, no question, it's pace. Mavs need to limit the number of possessions and force Phoenix into contested twos. On the other end Dallas needs to attack the paint without hesitation but take 40+ threes and hope analytics wins the night. Mavs should walk it up, but once they get into their offense, guys can't catch and think, they need to catch and go, much more decisively than game 1.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 2: DAL (0-1) vs. PHX (1-0)| 9:00pm CST - by vfromlmf - 05-04-2022, 10:08 AM