Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was right, Kamm was wrong (ab Gobert)
(05-04-2022, 02:50 PM)mvossman Wrote: I'm not sure why we have to bench him?  Why not play him like Powell in those situations?  He has to hang in the paint on that Jazz team to cover for the other 4 guys.  His P&R and 3 point shooting defense rates really well.  I would also be curious to see what a Luka/Gobert combination does against small ball.
Not to mention, all teams have the big guys that they’ll play as well. When the Clippers take Zubac out, you can play Gobert a couple extra minutes, then take him out to matchup small for small. I’ve been leaning on the side of not wanting Gobert because of his bad coordination on offense, but he does bring a lot to the defensive side. I mean earlier this year when we were talking about how bad KP was on the perimeter, someone posted a clip of Gobert being switched onto a guard and getting blown by, but he recovered for the block. It’s not like he can’t do it, I think it’s about him not being able to do it all game.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I was right, Kamm was wrong (ab Gobert) - by ItsGoTime - 05-04-2022, 03:20 PM