Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was right, Kamm was wrong (ab Gobert)
(05-04-2022, 11:58 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I know we're all wanting more of a defensive presence in the paint, but with the way these guards shoot nowadays, giving them clean looks off of screens after two dribbles and not even forcing them to make a single pass is more just as bad as having no resistance inside (which I feel is an overstatement of the Mavs' current weakness).

Right but the stats say that Gobert routinely defends these shots well. How can we pin the defensive shortcomings of his turnstile guards on Gobert? 

(05-04-2022, 11:58 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: No, but the Lakers are about to blame him, which is the point. 

Just because a front office is doubling down on their mistakes doesn't mean what Vogel did was wrong. He shouldn't be fired. No one thought he deserved to be fired. Most of the media defended his choice to bench Russ. Vogel's firing is happening because the GM doesn't want to fire himself and someone has to be blamed. 

No coach is getting fired for benching Rudy in the playoffs when teams go small. It's the correct play. In fact Quinn Snyder is about to get fired because he DIDN'T do just that.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I was right, Kamm was wrong (ab Gobert) - by SleepingHero - 05-04-2022, 12:44 PM