Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was right, Kamm was wrong (ab Gobert)
(05-04-2022, 09:33 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Personally, I think it is futile to imagine any NBA coach having the power to sit a $40 million+ per season player and not catch major heat over it. It’s simply not something that’s going to happen in the modern day sport.

We've already seen it happen. Westbrook was benched multiple times in the 4th quarterduring the regular season, and Frank Vogel was thanked by the fans. 

Our very own RC benched Porzingis/reduced his role drastically in the playoffs to no one's ire. If anything the players get the flak for not being versatile enough. 

(05-04-2022, 09:33 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Further, if there is even the slightest chance that we’d want him to sit the player when the games matter most, why on earth are we hoping they bring him in at that price point?

Because he can affect the other 36 minutes of the game drastically. Gives us different looks. Allows us to be more versatile as we can finally match opposing bigs. Just because we're getting Gobert doesn't mean the Mavs can't go small anymore. That's the beauty of having a 2 offensive creators above 6'6, and several 6'6 and above wings.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I was right, Kamm was wrong (ab Gobert) - by SleepingHero - 05-04-2022, 09:42 AM