Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was right, Kamm was wrong (ab Gobert)
(05-03-2022, 11:38 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: I’m implying that THJ and Bertans are zero marginal product players on this roster, that Gobert is a top 10 all time interior defensive presence, and is a miles better than Powell (who’s not horrible and at least isn’t a ZMP). The Mavs might just slow down a team like Phoenix with defensive control of the paint.  It’s also difficult to get a player like Gobert. He’d have to basically force his way out.  So I’d have no illusions this trade is available, even if you throw in some other assets. My main point to those complaining about Rudy’s cost is to point out that we’re paying even more for a collection of overpaid, very low value players, unlike Gobert, who is a legitimate, occasional all star.

Ok, I can get behind all of that. 

And, I’m not trying to be argumentative here, either. It’s just that even WITH my agreement over the above, I’m still not willing to concede the “better off“ part. Maybe I just have post-traumatic stress over Porzingis, idk. Right now, being locked into drop coverage down the stretch of games because I am paying some center a max contract is pretty high on my “we might regret doing this” list. 

I know it’s ridiculous to think this way on one level, but I just can’t shake it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • michaeltex
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I was right, Kamm was wrong (ab Gobert) - by KillerLeft - 05-04-2022, 09:22 AM