Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was right, Kamm was wrong (ab Gobert)
(05-04-2022, 07:51 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I'd be more than willing to part with Maxi for Rudy. Maxi's 30, and while an invaluable role player, he isn't a full-time starter like Rudy and I'm not sure why we're second guessing that choice.  

Things get a little harder when we get to JB and DFS. To me, DFS can only be traded for a superstar. His impact and value on court is too great for anything less. Brunson I'm more willing to hear offers depending on the return. Can't send him out without replacing what he can do at least somewhat.

I just disagree that there's going to be a strong market for Rudy. His salary makes trade matching difficult for any contender. Going through what each of those team's can offer, they all have their warts. Any GSW deal has to include Wiggins which is just as unappetizing as any other bloated contract. Plus, are they even interested? Seems like GSW name is getting thrown out more by podcasters/aggregators than anything else. I can see it, but I'm at a wait-and-see approach there. 

ATL makes the most sense as they have a need and the players to make it work. Capela+Collins is as strong as it gets. Mavs can't compete with that. Just have to hope they aren't interested, and you have to wonder does replacing what Capela+Collins brings for Rudy truly make them better? Their fans are screaming for more ball handlers as MIA showed shutting down Trae makes ATL offense screech to a halt. Funnily enough they keep bringing up Brunson as an example.  

Any deal with CHA has to include Hayward which is one of the worst contracts in the league. Any Mavs deal automatically is better than whatever CHA can offer because of that. Unless Charlotte throws in Lamelo Ball or multiple unprotected firsts.

If we limit deals to 1-1, then of course the Mavs package is less than ideal. But I just can't see teams banging down UTA's door for Rudy after he's been exposed time and again. I'm only interested in Rudy because he's elite in the 2 skills this team needs very badly. I don't think many other contenders feel the same.
I very strongly believe if Utah has to decide between trading Gobert for THJ/Powell/2022 first and trading Mitchell, their choice will be very clearly to trade Mitchell.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I was right, Kamm was wrong (ab Gobert) - by ItsGoTime - 05-04-2022, 08:03 AM