Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was right, Kamm was wrong (ab Gobert)
(05-04-2022, 06:55 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I think the faulty assumption you make is he is going to be available for pennies on the dollar.  In no way do I think Utah would have any interest in THJ and Bertans as assets.   I tend to believe the asking prices will be closer to what Hollinger thinks.

Now maybe the Mavs could get into the bidding by offering multiple first round picks.  But that is a double edged sword for Utah knowing they are taking future picks for a team with Luka on it.  Could Powell, Maxi, Josh Green, salary filler and multiple first round picks interest Utah?  Maybe.  It just appears other teams have cleaner offers if interested.

Beat me to it.  I think the most likely path to Gobert would be using Brunson's outgoing S&T to NY as part of the salary.  We need to get to $30.5mm in outgoing and Brunson can count $10-$13 million of that.  Add THJ (or Maxi and Bullock) and we've hit the mark.  From there, add our 2025 pick and some of the assets NY is giving up for Brunson (our 23 pick with protections lifted and enough players to match Brunson's incoming salary...probably includes Noel or Robinson and some of their youngsters).  Depending on which NY players we are talking about, we may be starting to get there.  If Robinson is included, Utah would need to end up under the Apron, but I think that is doable.  You don't get a top 20 player, even an overpaid one, without feeling some pain.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I was right, Kamm was wrong (ab Gobert) - by DanSchwartzgan - 05-04-2022, 07:21 AM