Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was right, Kamm was wrong (ab Gobert)
(05-04-2022, 06:44 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Gobert is about as elite of a defensive center as it gets. If he can truly be had for pennies on the dollar (and given the going rate for centers now we have reason to believe he can be), the Mavs would be dumb not to do it.

Someone else said it, but I also agree I'd rather pay Gobert 40 mil than THJ+Powell+Bertans 47 mil. Add on Chriss+Frank+Brown+Burke and thats another 10 mil of straight dead cap with players that cannot play in the playoffs (though only 8 mil of it is guaranteed). 

Not to pick on you, but I think you are answering the wrong question.  It seems largely accepted that many here would trade our trash for an overpaid "elite defensive center".  I mean why wouldn't we.  He's enough of a difference maker to win us a championship.  The better question is what do we have to give up to beat the bids of other teams.  Utah doesn't have to take our trash.  There will be other bidders.  An eventual package, if we end up going there, will be more painful than what is being discussed here.

I think the better question is whether we are willing to give up two picks and at least one of our core players...probably from among Brunson (in a 3 way), DFS and Maxi.  Otherwise, Rudy is in Charlotte, Atlanta or Golden State next year.  Those teams will be offering more than THJ/Powell and a late first.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I was right, Kamm was wrong (ab Gobert) - by DanSchwartzgan - 05-04-2022, 07:06 AM