Poll: Does Luka get a triple double?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
50.00%
8 50.00%
No
50.00%
8 50.00%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 62: DAL (37-25) vs. LAL (27-34)| 109-104 WIN!
(03-02-2022, 02:40 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I don't think it was that they couldn't find a THJ suitor, there is always a tanking team that will take a contract for assets (*cough OKC*). But rather, I think Nico couldn't find a suitable deal that satisfied what they were looking for which was more depth/flexibility. 

In the summer, THJ is now healthy and 1 year removed on his contract. That should change his perceived value from what it was on TDL considerably imo.
The team(s) still have to want him and the discussion was centered around team(s) dealing THJ as at least equal value. I think Nico was trying to get at least equal value when shopping him, of course there are teams that will take on contracts when they are incentivize to do so, that’s not this discussion, unless I misread Omahen’s thought.

If THJ comes back this season, it won’t be in time to recoup value, AND the question is legitimately raised as to IF he will be given the ability to recoup that value (ignoring the question of if he would if given the chance). The receiving team has to believe he would regain the form he had the last 2 years (not this one) in order to not hang up the phone. After that hurdle, there’s a question of how much value they place on that projection. That is the value you will get in a trade this offseason. 

I have large doubts a FO will see him as a want for their team given his history, let alone be actually looking for him as a missing piece. I think Det was a possibility but I have to believe they think of him as an addition to Grant (that’s why they offered him the big deal), not as in place of him.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 62: DAL (37-25) vs. LAL (27-34)| 109-104 WIN! - by ItsGoTime - 03-02-2022, 02:59 PM