Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: RoCo+Powell to LAC | Winslow+Johnson+2nd to POR
It sounds like Leonard isn't coming back this year and Paul George could be out the rest of the season as well (at least that is what I read somewhere).

But next year, Clippers could be the favorite if Leonard returns to form.    Either Powell starts in a super small but flexible lineup or he is a high priced sixth man.    I could see either.

Roco is a free agent and Batum has a real player option that he will decline.   I can't see them keeping both, maybe not either.   I would be fine with either for the Mavs if they were willing to use their MLE.   I am less of a fan of Roco than most.

Keon Johnson was a lightning rod pick.  Great athlete, not a good basketball player.   Portland has had some luck developing those guys.  

I would be sniffing around Nurkic in a buy low deal...even if I am not sure he will work out here.

(02-04-2022, 02:57 PM)omahen Wrote: I don't think that is really what rebuilding teams do. Rebuilding teams sell players that bring assets. They don't need to dump him, they can keep him, pump his value and trade him later. I would rather keep Powell than get 20 mil of Bledsoe for another season.

Oh wow...Bledsoe has another year left on his contract?  Ouch.  Actually, I think when he was in Memphis they were saying his last year is only guaranteed for a few million.    Not sure though.  If not, that is really not a smart move.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trade: RoCo/Powell to Clips, Winslow/Johnson/2nd to Blazers - by Chicagojk - 02-04-2022, 03:02 PM