Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Juancho to SAS | Forbes to DEN | Bol+Doizer to BOS
(01-19-2022, 03:35 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: White would fit perfectly with JB and Luka. He’s the starter who can defend smalls that makes putting the other two in the lineup less problematic. Luka can then be the power point forward who plays the Jokic role on the team. You then can have at the VERY least, 1 good ball handler on the court with most of the time having 2.

That makes a ton of sense for Dallas.  It also gets SA some "star power" which they will have a hard time recruiting.  Well done.

Poeltl and White are arguably SA's second and third best players.  They aren't old, are paid reasonably, play good D and are hard working solid citizens.  I think both are very underrated.  The fact that Young expires helps with retaining DFS and Brunson as Dallas is saving $8mm next season.  Unfortunately, both have an Achilles heal.  For Poeltl it is FT's and White is struggling from 3 this season (join the club) but is close to average for his career.  

A center rotation of Poeltl, Powell and Chriss allows you to play the same way throughout the game.  I think Poeltl's size allows you to play DFS or Luka at the four in a way that is uncomfortable right now with KP's thin frame.  That puts the Powell/Maxi tandem coming off the bench.  Having three primary ball handlers who can all attack the rim is huge.  You kind of have too many wings off the bench between THJ, Green, Bullock if you start the three ball handlers.  Heck, Chriss/Young/Brown and Frank aren't terrible as your 11-14 guys.

SA is about to get Collins back.  KP is locked up while Poeltl is on a cheap deal that will expire in a year (so a good time to move him).  White is blocking Primo, Walker and Vassel at SG and Young is not part of their LT plan.  They can do a 3/2, but probably not a 3/1.  I have no problem at all making this KP/Moses or even KP/Bullock/Moses.  Thankfully they don't need Green with the young wings they already have.  I worry that they might want Maxi as part of this deal.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • ReunionMav
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Juancho to SAS | Forbes to DEN | Bol+Doizer to BOS - by DanSchwartzgan - 01-19-2022, 07:26 AM